This privacy statement contains information about how Ecorus Energy BV (Ecorus) and its affiliated companies process your personal data when you visit our website. We do this to provide you with the best possible service and to improve our services.
We are controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with regard to your personal data that we receive from you by visiting our website www.ecorus.com. We process this personal data in a careful and secure manner and in accordance with the relevant applicable privacy legislation.
If you have any questions or want to know what information we process from you, please contact us. Please use the contact details listed under point 12 for this. This privacy statement was last amended on June 6, 2023.
- When does this privacy statement apply?
This privacy statement applies to all personal data that we process within our organisation. This concerns the personal data of visitors to our website.
If you would like to know more about legal rules regarding privacy and the use of personal data, please visit the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority (www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl).
- What personal data do we use from you?
Personal data is all data that can be traced back to you as an individual. We use, among other things, the following data:
- First and last names;
- Contact information (such as email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers);
- IP address and statistics of your use of our website.
The above personal data are not always all processed by Ecorus. This depends on your use of our website, the relationship between the parties and the specific service that the parties provide to each other.
- Who uses my personal data?
Ecorus Energy BV is responsible for the website www.ecorus.com and therefore the responsible organization for the use of your personal data as described in this privacy statement. The full details of Ecorus Energy BV are:
- Ecorus Energy BV
- Achtseweg South 159 K, Building TQ5, 4e floor
- 5651 GW in Eindhoven
- Email address: email@example.com
- Telephone number: 085 – 1303623
- Chamber of Commerce number: 70467102
- Whose personal data does Ecorus use?
We process the personal data of everyone who has visited our website.
- How does Ecorus obtain this personal data?
We receive this information from you as soon as you visit our website.
- For what purpose does Ecorus process personal data?
The performance of its activities requires Ecorus to process certain personal data. We only use this personal data for the purpose for which we are allowed to use it. This purpose depends on our specific relationship with you:
- Contact with (potential) customers and business relations;
- Marketing and acquisition purposes;
- Execution of customer satisfaction surveys;
- Recruitment and selection of new colleagues;
- Use and improvement of our website.
- On what basis does Ecorus process personal data?
Depending on our specific relationship, the following legal bases apply to our processing of personal data:
- We have obtained permission from you to use your personal data through your use of this website;
- We need your personal data to comply with legal obligations. This includes our obligation to provide certain information to the tax authorities.
- With whom does Ecorus share this personal data?
Your personal data will primarily only be used by us. However, in some cases we share your personal data with other parties. We do this in the following situations:
- When we are required to do so based on applicable laws and regulations. This is the case, for example, when submitting data to the tax authorities;
- Google Analytics as IT supporting software to perform statistical analyses;
- DealFront as IT support software for marketing purposes;
- Recruitee as a recruitment support service for potential employees.
If the sharing of personal data with third parties is regarded as a relationship between the controller and the processor, we will conclude a processing agreement with this party.
- How are these personal data secured?
We have taken appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data against misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. We also ensure that your data is only used by our employees who are obliged to treat it confidentially. Do you have questions about our security measures or indications that one of the above practices is involved? Then please contact us.
- Where does Ecorus store this personal data?
We process and store your data within the European Economic Area (EEA). Do you have questions about this? Then please contact us.
- How long does Ecorus store this personal data?
We do not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected and for as long as we are required to do so by law. Would you like to know more about the storage of your specific data? Then please contact us.
- What can you ask of us?
You have various rights regarding our use of your personal data. These rights are listed below:
Right to information
We must explain to you in an understandable and clear manner what we do with your data and what control you have over it. That is why we explain in detail in this privacy statement what data we collect from you and how we handle it.
Right of access
You may ask us to view the information we hold about you.
Right to correction
You may ask us to correct your data if it is incorrect or incomplete.
Right to object
You may object to the processing of your data if you do not agree with the way we handle your personal data. This right applies to the data we use for direct marketing. For example, you can indicate to us that you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us. This also applies to personalized recommendations on our website.
Right to data portability
Have you given permission for the use of your data? Then you may ask us to transfer the digital data you have from us to you. This way you can transfer this data to another organization if you wish.
Right to restriction
You may ask us to limit the use of your data. This means that in certain cases we may only store your data but not use it.
Right to be forgotten
You may ask us to delete all data we hold about you. We will then delete all data that can be traced back to you. In some cases we cannot or may not yet delete your data. For example, we have to keep some data for 7 years for the tax authorities.
Right to file a complaint
You may submit a complaint about the way we handle your data. If you have a complaint, we will be happy to resolve it for you. Please contact us for this. You can also submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority or, in extreme cases, you can also go to court. In that case, the court in East Brabant will deal with your complaint.
- How do I contact Ecorus or file a complaint?
You can send your request or complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us by telephone on 085 – 1303623. We will process your request or complaint within 14 days. If there are multiple applications or complaints or if your application or complaint is complex, this may take more time. In that case we will contact you to explain how your request or complaint has been handled. We may ask you to identify yourself. In that case, we will request information from you to ensure that the personal data applies to you.
- Which legal provisions apply to this privacy statement?
Our privacy statement must meet several conditions. These conditions can be found in particular in the General Data Protection Regulation. In addition, the relevant Dutch legislation applies to this privacy statement.
- Which cookies does Ecorus use?
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Functional cookies;
- Analytical cookies;
- Tracking cookies.
The processed data is anonymized and is only used for statistical analysis.
- Do you have a question about this privacy statement?
Do you have a question about this privacy statement? Please feel free to contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We are happy to help you.